Trailer Park Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft Banning Cheaters

3 posters

Go down

Microsoft Banning Cheaters Empty Microsoft Banning Cheaters

Post  Smith Mon Feb 08 2010, 00:34

MS Banning Cheaters

Microsoft bans Xbox LIVE glitchers

Microsoft has been banning many Xbox LIVE users that cheat or glitch in Modern Warfare 2.
Even though many of us still like the game for it is, some people think it's necessary to mess things up for all of us by glitching and cheating their way through the MW2 multiplayer. Microsoft has had enough of this and made it their new goal to ban as much cheaters as possible, including boosting and prestige glitches. MW2blog » reported the following, and I couldn't have said it any better myself:

"Well, this news from XBOX Live head of Policy and Enforcement, Stephen Toulouse AKA ‘Stepto’, is music to our ears. In a post on the official Xbox forums The Pro addresses the cheaters with a clear message that people who have obtained prestige in Modern Warfare 2 illegitimately, will be given suspensions from Xbox Live. The guys running these lobbies will be permanently banned."

source: The Pro @ xbox.com »
ATTENTION MW2 CHEATERS (and you know who you are)
People who have obtained prestige illegitimately, will be given suspensions. People soliciting other people to gain prestige (whether for free, or for points) will be permanently suspended.
To all those users who are attempting to play MW2 without cheating, please have faith. Hang in there, because the cheaters are being caught and the game will be patched.
p.s., it doesn't matter if you gained 10th prestige, 2nd, or 1st: illegitimate gameplay = suspension
"Maybe the fact that this guy admits to getting 10th prestige in a modded lobby and swiftly gets suspended shows that Microsoft are serious about clearing up Modern Warfare 2.
If you get invited to a modded lobby over Xbox Live be sure to report the user and lets wait and see if the cheaters start dropping from the system."

So it's all in the Terms of Use » that you agree to if you want to play online over Xbox LIVE, which says the following:

"5. How You May Not Use the Service.
- exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game, contest, or promotion."
So if you're prestige 10 with about 10 matches played, you might be in trouble. And quite honestly, grow up and play the game the way it's meant to....

http://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/ms-bans-cheats-and-glitchers
Smith
Smith
Board Member
Board Member

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Banning Cheaters Empty Re: Microsoft Banning Cheaters

Post  Smeds Mon Feb 08 2010, 21:26

BYE SNIPER!!!

I hate that damn rule; why pay 60 bucks for a game when I can get it off torrent for free?
Smeds
Smeds

Back to top Go down

Post  TPG x A c E s x Tue Feb 09 2010, 03:28

thats retarded yes i see why the do it to the glitches but haveing 10th prestige is not truly an unfair advantage ya you have the guns unlocked but so what most of the none legit 10ths suck anyway so there is no disadvantge i think xbox is just trying to win people over to actually like them again but they are doing it the wrong way
TPG x A c E s x
TPG x A c E s x

Back to top Go down

Post  Smith Tue Feb 09 2010, 17:46

I know, Aces. But this will fix the scoreboards. And you get you lol! at the people who get banned!
Smith
Smith
Board Member
Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum